Saturday, August 27, 2016

Tropical Vibes

Tropical Vibes


So I'm officially all moved back in to school and finished with my first week of classes!  It was a crazy and busy week getting used to my schedule.  I am teaching a barre class here through Virginia Tech Fitness and I couldn't be more pumped.  I only took my first barre class this summer at Pure Barre but instantly loved it and decided to teach a class in addition to Pilates classes I began teaching last semester.  Now I'm trying to work out a time I can spend blogging so you can expect when to see a post!  

Writing this post now at school makes me already miss summer.  This was the last stop on our Florida vacation.  We drove the coast along the 30 A highway up to Destin and wow was it beautiful.  The gorgeous sparkling white sand beaches and the watercolor oceans makes the beaches in the panhandle one of the top beaches I've ever seen.  We stayed in the Sandestin resort that was a city in itself.  We ate at the marketplace where there was outdoor dining accompanied by live music (there was a really good funk-country band there that night called The Wide Open) and fireworks because it was the week of July 4th.  There were several restaurants and shops along a boardwalk which made it an easy place to drive to and spend the evening.  Being the city I was born in, it was nice to go back and see the area again.  

Most evenings we were casually dressed, but we wanted to go somewhere a little fancier as the last night we were there.  I purchased this tropical dress at a boutique in Seaside a few days before and it just seemed like the perfect print to wear there in paradise.  Because the dress didn't have any color, I paired it with a hot pink side bag that coincidentally coordinated perfectly with my sister :)  Also, how cute are these booties?  For under $50, they are a STEAL.  They have so many features on trend this fall like peep toe, cutouts, and tie-ups.  I hope you all love them too because I'm seriously tempted to wear them with every outfit!

DRESS: Lucy Love (wearing size Small for reference)
 SHOES: sold out - similar HERE // BAG: Charming Charlie 

I hope everyone had a refreshing weekend and is enjoying the last taste of summer!

Xoxo, Al

No comments:

Post a Comment